 Administrative / General / 9583
Re: . market for HTML?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:51:32 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Most of the threads started in the .market groups are basically
advertsiments. Is it time we allowed HTML posts in this group to help buyers
*&* sellers? Or are the text only NTTP crowd holding up progress!

I agree with Chris, not sure I see how turning the market group into a
Flashfest helps anyone. The links are there (in well crafted posts), and
those interested can click them to learn more. But those just skimming
should not pay the heavy price in delay to load gobs of stuff (with
basically no upper limit on how much stuff is dragged into one post and has
to be downloaded, since HTML allows embedding and allows images).

Limiting LUGNET to text only on newsgroups makes them fast and efficient. It
works very well.

I see no reason to change that.

This is not a democracy, thank goodness for that. Still... one vote against.