 Administrative / General / 9530 (-5)
  Total confusion, help?

Ok so I was nicely asked to make it so that the from thing had MY name and not my husbands. Well we tried and the option is either grayed out and unchangeable or when other ways were tried our system shut down and we were locked out of the computers (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

BTW, here's an example of a superseded article: news://lugnet.com/<m...de.uio.no> (Normally, I would have superseded my original article to add this comment, but now that it doesn't work, I'll post a followup in stead...) Fredrik (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) Well then never mind, I'm all wet and I have no idea why it stopped working. Sounds like a bug rather than an intended policy change. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) No, that is not true. Superseding is technically mostly the same as canceling and reposting the article. The new article gets a new Message-ID and a new article number. It's not like editing an article at all. I've used Supersedes on LUGNET a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible problem/bug

(...) Speculating: I suspect it was a policy change because the effect of Supersede on the historical record is that you changed a particular article at the very point in the thread where it previously was, which is in effect an edit. Mail (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact