 Administrative / General / 9491
Re: Lazy web posting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:45:21 GMT

Cary Clark wrote:
Maybe this already exists, but I'd like to be even more lazy when posting
using the web interface. Currently, I always get the "Before you post" page,
to which I respond "Yes", then I get the message composition page, where I
check a box again saying that I agree to the Terms of Use. Is it necessary
for me to acknowledge the Terms of Use, twice, every time I post?

One nice feature that would make me even more lazy would be to save the
Name:, E-mail:, and Organization: data, so I don't need to type them ever
again. (That might require another check box 'Save personal data'.) Since IE
also remembers these, it would only save me a few keystrokes and mouse
clicks, but no one said perfecting sloth would be easy.

yah, that all would be nice...  actually, it _is_ nice :)  I think that if you're logged in, you can run through the news setup again (or some sort of setup), and it'll remember all these things you mentioned.  When I go to post on the web, I get to the message page right away, with my name, email, and org already filled in.

If you can't find where to set it up, let me know, and I'll try to find the page.

:)

Dan