 Administrative / General / 9468
    Re: posting varification, ug! —Steve Bliss
   (...) I'm willing to bet that the distribution of posting has shifted toward the Web interface since the authentication has gone into effect. At least among LUGNET *members*. (...) If members are spoofing posts, there's a real problem. I'd think (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: posting varification, ug! —Dan Boger
   (...) nod - that does make sense. I know Jennifer and I still don't use the web interface, but we're special :) (...) since anyone can become a member, if a malicious user wanted to spoof Suz, for instance, all he had to do is fork out $10... (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: posting varification, ug! Todd Lehman
   (...) Ya, this is somewhat of a loophole (but a known one, and mentioned when the authentication mechanism was announced) and it needs closing. On the other hand, if someone were to try this, their Member ID would appear in the NNTP headers of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)