 Administrative / General / 9426
Re: Changes at LUGNET HQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 18:02:42 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ed Jones writes:
To Suz, my very best wishes for LUGNET in the future.  I'm sure the
transfer of responsibilities will run seamlessly.

Well, it won't be seamless -- there are a lot of coding and legal issues to
be worked out -- but I don't expect anything to break.  It's not really a
"transfer of responsibilities" either, but offloading much of my workload.
I'll still be here, and still be an admin of the site and have access to
everything and still be able to do things on the server, and so forth -- but
probably won't be doing cutting-edge development.  I'll post more details
sometime in the next day or so about how this all came to be, and my
rationale for reducing my direct involvement.

To Todd, my very best wishes for you in your endeavors.  My only regret is
that we have yet to meet.

Oh I'm sure we'll meet...  I'm not actually going anywhere -- I'm just
voluntarily reducing my own involvement in server administration chores
and website coding, etc.  I don't actually have other endeavors -- basically
I just need more balance in my life.  A full-time day job that's computer
stuff and having an all-available-time hobby job that's also computer stuff
takes a toll after a while.  :-)  I'll post more soon.

--Todd