 Administrative / General / 9385 (-10)
  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

(...) Try WebX: (URL) believe the installation is free (no support) up to a certain traffic rate. IIRC, it was easy to setup and run but required a separate mail server. Newsgroups can be configured to be accessable via HTTP or NNTP. -Rob Doucette. (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lugnet.org.us.lucny

(...) crossposted and FUT admin.general You might try sending Todd and/or Suzanne a note directly, or just posting to admin.general (hence my crosspost). I think IndyLUG is also at the point where there was talk of getting a newsgroup although I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

Although I know I'm replying to a rather old thread, this topic is exactly what I was going to post about. I'm trying to set up a disscussion server (for teachers) and was looking for a quality program to use. I've checked out the slashdot solution (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why no Paradisa newsgroup?

(...) So the proper subgroup, were one to be created, would then be lugnet.town.paradisa? (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: group

(...) MindFest was an event hosted by MIT's Media Lab in 1999. It was a project of Mitchel Resnick's research group, called 'Lifelong Kindergarten,' and it supports the learning theory of constructionism, begun by Seymour Papert (also of MIT). The (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: group

"LUGNET Admin" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in news:GHCzDn.9D1@lugnet.com: what is/was MindFest? (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Possible New Group?

(...) .Mecha and .Arch aren't supported by Lego either, but Mecha is well over 3000 posts now and .arch is is a pretty popular group as well. Besides, there are at least two custom military kit sites up now, soon to be three in a few weeks... And (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  Re: server busy due to heavy load

(...) I applied a sledgehammer-level fix on Friday and applied a real fix today which was kindly contributed and unit-tested by Dan Boger. (...) This was a bug in some of the server code...not any user's fault. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: group

[replying to a message from June of 2000...] (...) It's funny (I mean cool!) how MindFest was so international (so many people from Europe, for example) even though it was hosted in the U.S. I think this question is worth revisiting in light of the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why no Paradisa newsgroup?

(...) Probably because there probably aren't many Paradisa fans out there as a percentage relative to the whole of Town fans... hmm... Would you use it? It's easy enough to set up a lugnet.town.paradisa group. The Castle folks have a (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact