 Administrative / General / 9337
  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

(...) It's conceivable. It was designed to work in a variety of situations. There is quite a bit of LUGNET-specific stuff, though. I never got it all as separated cleanly as I'd wanted to. (...) Well, it's not actually for sale or license...although (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

Although I know I'm replying to a rather old thread, this topic is exactly what I was going to post about. I'm trying to set up a disscussion server (for teachers) and was looking for a quality program to use. I've checked out the slashdot solution (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: How much to licence Lugnet technology?

(...) The web stuff is all from-the-ground-up, yes. The news stuff stems from an open-source package called CNews. (...) Recommendations: * Use Perl5 or PHP4 for web stuff. * Consider CNews as well as INN for NNTP stuff. * Take an in-depth look at (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.admin.general)