 Administrative / General / 9265 (-20)
  Re: Skip Filter Settings

(...) Well, the skip-filter feature is really for blanket-masking of large numbers of groups rather than a case-by-case subscription feature, which is why it's text-based (pattern matching in this case), and a special advantage of that approach is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Scheduled downtime Wednesday, June 13 a.m.

(...) This occurred this morning. Downtime of the webserver and newsserver was approximately 14 minutes, beginning at approximately 10:16 EST and ending approximately 10:30. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Skip Filter Settings

Todd, Would you be able to simplify the skip filter settings screen when you get a chance? I was wondering if you could go with a check box or radio button next to the groups that you would/wouldn't like to subscribe to. Although the current method (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

(...) I'm still here, and I'm working to resolve the issue. Clearly we need a workable mechanism for authenticating email addresses. I've got some ideas and have spoken with people off-line about these. It won't be pretty. I've been generally quiet (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Scheduled downtime Wednesday, June 13 a.m.

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly tomorrow morning for routine maintenance as it is moved a different server rack. The outage should last about an hour. -- Todd S. Lehman | LUGNET Admin <todd@lugnet.com> (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I guess I'm not really looking for an argument here, but just to point out that we *already* have "multiple groups on different things" right here on LUGNet-- that's kinda the whole point of the LUGNet NGs, isn't it (as opposed to 1 noisy (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

Unless I am missing something, I am starting to think Todd has been quiet on this for too long. Is there some sort of plan to exclude or bring Matthew back for good? Clearly the current state of affairs cannot continue indefinitely without doing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Katie, I love your style! It's good to know that someone supports my effort, and yes, tere is no such thing as too many places to talk about our beloved LEGO®. Harvey Henkelman-Certified Ferroequinologist LUGNET member #400 Founder, ELTC (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Harvey, I don't see a problem with ELTC! In fact I already joined. What's wrong with having multiple groups on different things? I belong to so many different groups. Some are list serves, some are Yahoo groups, some are Smart groups. And no (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

(...) Out of all his spew there is one tidbit worth noting. It's when he said, effectively, "if you don't want to give me attention, just ignore me". Good advice. David, I suspect no one thinks any less of you because you had your ID swiped, or (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) I agree. I like the idea of a United Kingdom Lego Train Club - but not one on Yahoo or the like. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Eeek! I've been multiply moultoned!

moulton (verb trans.): To assume another's id on LUGNET, without the permission of the user identified in the "From:" field. Neologism, just coined. (URL) (already canceled) (URL) anytime you get a chance to implement a web-based cancel facility (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay subgroup again

(...) Well, why? For a .market.brickshops (I like that too), any person announcing a new store could post. Dan's posting or lack thereof would be his own business. -Shiri (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Brickbay subgroup again

(...) I like this idea. (Brickshelf has an .announce subgroup) (...) I like this idea even better! (Brickshelf, unlike Brickbay, isn't likely to get competition...) However, for this to work, Dan has to be able to make time to post stuff. He may (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Maybe that's what I'm getting at-- exactly *what* is he forming, and *why*? To me, LTCs are not virtual; in fact, they are quite the opposite. Instead of LTDs hanging out together online, it is LTDs hanging out together *in public*, sharing (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Kyle, you hit the nail right on the head. When I conceived of the ELTC, I invited people to join knowing that membership is their choice. I intended ELTC to supplement LUGNET, not replace it in any way (God knows my website-making skills are (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

(...) Speaking purely as a noser spectator here ;] I don't see the problem in somebody "unilaterally" forming a group. Sitting around and waiting for a group of people to build consensus on how to form a group is like, well, sitting around and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: UKLTC has arrived

I'm glad you mentioned that, Huw, because I was thinking the same thing. I also was wondering about utilizing such a wide-scoping name-- Sam, have you discussed this with anyone, or is this some sort of unilateral move? Personally, I feel that if (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact