 Administrative / General / 915
Re: Slight change in gateway addressing method
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 01:56:54 GMT

But you can also reply to someone -and- to the group if you have
separate Reply and Reply All options in your e-mail software.
This is much closer to how real mailing lists work.

Does that mean you the original sender would receive the same reply
twice?

Personally, I think the l-cad list method is best - you see the sender's
names (which is great!) but the Reply-To is set to the newsgroup.  That
way I don't accidently mail the message to one person instead of the
whole group.  I think that if you keep it the way you have just set it
up, threads will dissapear all of a sudden and people will wonder why
their messages don't show up.  This is especially true because you have
to check the original message to see which newsgroup to send it to if you
don't have a Reply to all option.
--Bram