 Administrative / General / 9105 (-10)
  Re: Robert gets to invalidate logic (was Re: Science and beliefs (was Re: Alien races))

(...) Todd, can you please send Robert a warning over his language? Looks like we've got another "social engineer" being a jerk. (And of course, this is exactly what he wants me to do, and predicted I would yadda yadda) The terms of use are not set (...) (24 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

I understand, and I don't know if it is worth bothering about either. Every post to Lugnet is not a personal communication between two people; it is an announcement to the entire community, or at least the subset that monitors the newsgroup. Before (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) When I said LEGO is meant to be fun, I also meant that you shouldn't take it so seriously. Not every joke is funny to everyone, but there's no reason, IMO, to get offended about it. Live and let live, --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: sorry

(...) Todd, Don't know if you've noticed this one, but I smell an imposter here, you might want to check this one out. One interesting thing in the header is this: Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-2022-jp Just doing a bit of poking into the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) Sure, but I hope no one would get upset if someone complained about being made fun of. (...) how you cut, slice, or dice it, folks were upset, and then after they got upset, people kept telling them "go shush up, it was just a joke". That (...) (24 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

(...) Some people subscribe to LUGNET newsgroups in the mailing list mode, and receive all the newsgroup messages in their e-mail. If they go on vacation they will set up their vacation message but may not realize that it will be seen by people who (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) I agree completely. (...) Be careful in complaining about what people DO find funny. (...) I assume you're referring to Eric's comment: (URL) comment wasn't intended as a put-down. There was much confusion about the use of the term "sucker" or (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: April Fools posts

(...) I'm not trying to take the fun out of it for everyone else, I'm just pointing out that the community as a whole, by virtue of each individuals decisions, make a determination of what kind of place this is. If the community decides that jokes (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

(...) someone has a broken autoreply rule set... so when they get mail from lugnet, it ignores the "bulk" flag and replies to the sender. broken. Not much you can do on your end, except setup filters and such... (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Alpha Team Rebate (Was Re: Blue Tub sale at TRU?)

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:GBBnxx.21w@lugnet.com... (...) This is the email I got when I posted to shopping this morning. I will be away from the office April 2 to April 6. Please contact Justin Maier jmaier@agricore.com in my (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact