 Administrative / General / 8782
  Re: Entry for the Town building contest (Was: Town building contest begins!)

(...) Thank you for drawing this to my attention -- indeed you are correct! Turns out I made an idiotic mistake in my URL rewriting mechanism -- whereby all %XX-encoded characters accidentally got decoded into raw 8-bit form and sent to the browser (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Entry for the Town building contest (Was: Town building contest begins!)

(...) I take it back -- there wasn't a jump.cgi bug at all. I've reverted it to the previous working version. I forgot that the % charcter becomes encoded by the article-display code, so the URL that invokes jump.cgi is actually this, with double (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general)