 Administrative / General / 8689
Re: Weird thing I just noticed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:13:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
After reading Tim's post about "My recent posts" I went off and did a Lugnet
News Search on "Lorbaat".  The first post that turned up was posted to
admin.terms.council- which of course no longer exists.

This appears to happen to me too - all the older stuff shows up 1st. I'd
imagine a good default would be newest 1st????

I wasn't so concerned about the order it appeared in (which I beleive is ranked
by what best matches your search criteria, not time-based), but the fact that
it displayed partial content for an article you can't actually view.

I don't mind if Todd wants to keep the articles for Lugnet historical purposes
and make them unreadable, and I don't mind if he chooses to make them
completely visible to the public in an archive that everyone can read but not
post or respond to.  But I'd really rather that if someone can't read *all* of
an article I wrote, that they not have a way to see *any* of an article I
wrote.

eric