 Administrative / General / 8711
Re: Weird thing I just noticed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:26:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Eric Joslin writes:
After reading Tim's post about "My recent posts" I went off and did a Lugnet
News Search on "Lorbaat".  The first post that turned up was posted to
admin.terms.council- which of course no longer exists.

Since you can't access the posts, even after they're found in the search, is >it
possible to just not have them show up if a search is done?  Remove them from
the pool of articles being searched, or some such.

Just curious.

The newsgroup doesn't exist, but quick check shows that the articles *are*
still accessible - from here:

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/council/

(Note www.- prefix instead of news.- prefix.)

So Todd simply never moved the articles to news.lugnet.com . Interesting.
That makes me wonder what'll happen if someone is interested in posts found
elsewhere, as to where the obsolete .admin.council *is* or what kind of
discussions went on there, but can't find it.

Oh well, no that big of a deal... :-)

-Shiri