 Administrative / General / 8418
  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) No! I disagree! Etc etc. :) Darned UUs! Any forum is only as good as its practitioners. Since LUGNET went 'live' I've operated with the assumption that .debate matters stay in .debate, and expect others to do the same--I've only once seen what (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Well, I can tell you my perception has changed since I accidently fell into a debate recently. You know those people who have an inner smugness from the knowledge that in any given gathering of people they are generally smarter than just about (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Hmm. I suppose it depends on what you mean by average. I assume you are just rating myself, and others, against your own above average intellect? Perception of intellect is an area which always exasperates me. I find that people mix these (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Intellects and proper venue for "cyclic debates"

(...) "inelegance" ?? Do you mean in the anorak sense? I had always thought that the thoughts produced by those I regard as truly awesome intellects tend to be, on average (not always, of course) be *more* elegant than normal. Thoughts that when you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

(...) Absitively. I couldn't agree much more, although it *is* rather sobering sometimes. (...) Verdigris? Didn't he do the soundtrack to 'Chariots of Fire?' I actually like that a lot. So what do we call the LoM grey-pink-- rouxigris? :) (I still (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian debate in danger of pollution (was Re: Will Libertopia cause the needy to get less?

trimmed lugnet.admin.general and lugnet.off-topic.debate from the FUT, added lugnet.general (...) I like verdigris as a color name but given that TLC has introduced several colors now with the saturation value turned way down (blue-gray and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general)

  It's...The New Colour Thread!

(...) Is it only these three colours that have been introduced? (Note new Subject: line, I'm hoping to drag folks in). Is there also a grey-purple, or is that the Scala colour? Have we got an OFFICIAL listing of all new colours yet, or does it look (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Intellects and proper venue for "cyclic debates"

(...) Damn spall checker - Intelligence. Your interpretation of my lazy spell checking conveys the same point. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It's...The New Colour Thread!

(...) That's even worse than my "Sand Tan, uhh" comment. Steve (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: It's...The New Colour Thread!

(...) You mean the guy from Vega who drinks lots of milk? eric (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)