 Administrative / General / 8408
    Membership Packets —Kenneth Wright
   I was wondering: Are membership packets still being distributed to all paid LUGNET members? I know this was being done when the first 100 or so members signed up, and it included (from what I read) some pretty neat things. Since only a few people (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Membership Packets —Todd Lehman
   (...) Good question. Yes. Unfortunately, we're behind on printing and mailing. On the other hand, they're only a formality rather than a prerequisite to interaction. I appreciate your patience. --Todd (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Lugnet Contribution Idea? (Was: Re: Membership Packets) —Tim Courtney
     "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G4zvoG.A4G@lugnet.com... (...) members? (...) Todd, Since it seems that the packets are behind often - what about opening up the task for members to do as a part of their donation to Lugnet? (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Lugnet Contribution Idea? (Was: Re: Membership Packets) —Todd Lehman
     (...) It's not possible, no. Security and privacy issues as well as technical logistics. What I need to do to break the bottleneck is change the way I print cards. Most of the steps of the other stuff are automated but there is a manual step with (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: Lugnet Contribution Idea? (Was: Re: Membership Packets) —Selçuk Göre
      (...) Maybe it would be too much overshoot for the job, but last week some computer company send me an advert. It featured a special laser printer, with he size of an HP 2100, having three separate magazines for advert brochures/cards, letter (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: Membership Packets —Kenneth Wright
   (...) Todd, Thank you for personally responding. I am glad to hear that the membership packets are indeed still being distributed. I can only imagine the amount of time this must consume. Thank you for your continued efforts. Sincerely, Ken Wright (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.admin.general)