 Administrative / General / 8212
Re: Where can I get a Technic Space Shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:17:35 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Scott Arthur writes:
FUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

Right you are, I forgot to trim followups, but arguably I should have set it
to admin.general since that post was more about a feature of lugnet than it
was about a particular sale.

Agreed. I was just trying to get it out of loc.uk, I should have spent more
time reading it. loc.uk is normally quite information rich, so I don't like
these side tracks.

I think Mike originally wanted a UK 8480 (or at least a UK price) so TL’s
post may have been misguided to start with. But then if TL had replied to
LW's post:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=7897

this may never have made it to loc.uk to start with.

Right you are again. Todd *should* have responded. However I suspect that
his answer will be as it was to the Aussies. Or something like it. IIRC,
(although they were asking for aussie specific auction info) the way they
got it was by forming an umbrella organization newsgroup and setting the
charter, it seems to be only organizational newsgroups that can set charters
differently.

I'm not trying to debate the issue (again) just pointing out what I think
precedent to be. I will say that I understand why Todd's reasoning works
that way, just because SOME people in a population area want something, that
doesn't make it OK for a geographical group. Only within an organizational
group affiliated with a specific organization (which theoretically non
members wouldn't participate in) can charters be changed.

IMHO, IIRC, YMMV, IMBWBIDI, etc.

FUT admin.general... sorry for not sending it there at first (this is just
as cluttering a post in market.bst as it is in loc.uk)

BTW I want to re-raise the original point I made in my reply to Todd, which
is that I think it would be useful to put some pricing info into the want to
buy and want to sell areas of the guide. As it is, I get harrassed by well
meaning (but cheap) buyers because of my entries... :-)

++Lar