 Administrative / General / 798
797  |  799
Subject:
Line wrapping in lugnet.cad.dat files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:31:09 GMT

Todd,

I just noticed that the system seems to be wrapping long lines in dat
files.
After posting two small dat's I tested them and found that the last
line of one of them would not render, so I checked it out.  The
original file is OK, but the lugnet version is wrapped. See:
http://lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat:50

Any chance of fixing the code so it keeps lines intact?

Related question, can posters cancel messages?
I hit "Cancel Usenet Message" in Free Agent, but all it seems to do is
want to post a message with "cancel" in the subject line.  Will this
work, or will it just post a new message? I chose not to send it, BTW.
I thought I might be able to cancel the offending post, delete some
excess zeros in that last line, and repost so it is not line-wrapped.

-- Terry K --