 Administrative / General / 7905
Re: advanced search options?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:24:02 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Franklin W. Cain writes:
How do I tell the search fuinction to deliver the messages found
in "most recent, first" order?

Here's the best answer I can give for now:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=724&t=i&v=a

How do I tell the search function to return only those posts
which are the initial messages within their respective thread,
and not any of the replies/follow-ups to their threads?

There isn't a way to search that way.  These aren't captured by the current
indexer.

--Todd