 Administrative / General / 7862
7861  |  7863
Subject:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 15:20:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd,

I've been meaning to ask about this for some time.

1. "Most Recent, First":

There are times when I need to find "some message posted recently"
about some particular subject, in some particular directory,
and when I search for that subject within that directory,
I'll get a page or so of messages found that are all
much older than the target message.

How do I tell the search fuinction to deliver the messages found
in "most recent, first" order?

2. "Initial Posts Only":

There are other times when I want to find a particular message
which I know was the _initial_ message for some particular thread.
Also, I might want to find out just how many threads occurred
on some other subject and/or by some particular author
(for example, I might want a specific list of all models
that I've posted to ".cad").

How do I tell the search function to return only those posts
which are the initial messages within their respective thread,
and not any of the replies/follow-ups to their threads?

3. Finally, if these functions are not yet available,
would you consider enabling them for us?

Thanks,
Franklin

=====
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED
COMMERCIAL PURPOSES (I.E., SPAM) IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.