 Administrative / General / 7752
Re: trouble with english/american language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:06:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Joakim Olsson writes:
I'm having trouble understanding the frase "no solicitation", from the pages
of the set database.
What does it mean?
Long time has passed since my last english lesson in school.

It means, basically, don't send people unsolicited requests to buy or sell
something.  Like, if they say they own a Black Falcon's Fortress as part of
their LEGO collection, don't write them and ask them if they'd like to sell
it, no matter how badly you might want it, unless they've specifically said
that they wanted to get rid of it.  So basically it means don't be an
annoyance to people.

("translateing", that word looked weird when i wrote it down...)
BTW, after a few beers i speak the language like a god;)

:)

--Todd