 Administrative / General / 7652
Re: Todd, how do I ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 08:07:39 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
OK, I just posted a message (reply, actually) in .loc.au and it turned up in
.org.au - for loc.au it was message no. 2811 and org.au it was 759, and I
swear I haven't told anything to post to both groups, just loc.au - explain
this one please!  ;-)

You posted a crossposted reply to a crossposted message.

I have Outlook Express set up to only post to the newsgroup it finds the
message in,

That's a bad feature -- a newsreader should never remove crossposted groups
unless you tell it to or unless the 'Followup-To:' header contains a more
restricted list.

if there is something else I should set to make it not send
copies to other newsgroups, I would appreciate any info that anyone has on
how to turn that particular 'feature' off!

FYI, it turned up within seconds of being posted as far as I could tell.
Are you still sure you haven't got anything automatic set up?

Absolutely 100% positive.

--Todd