 Administrative / General / 7648
Re: Todd, how do I ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 23:47:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
That's personal preference -- it depends on what you have to say.  I
wouldn't recommend crossposting unless there's a good reason.

No, I meant that your server is set up to xpost messages in one to the other
automatically.  I can't remember which one, and I didn't want to waste space
in newsgroups testing theories.

No, that's not true, actually.  There are no newsgroups here on the entire
server where posting to one automatically crossposts to another.  If you
see something crossposted, it's because someone did it manually or replied
to a message which was already crossposted or contained a crossposted
followup-to directive.

--Todd