 Administrative / General / 7382
Re: 2001 Set info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 22:55:11 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Brad said he appreciates the swift action and feels it is indicative of good
relations between LEGO and the community and welcomes suggestions as to how
LEGO can handle such situations in the future.

My primary suggestion is to start with the person who posted the
information, rather than talking to Todd first. Don't send a threatening
legal letter, but nicely say that Lego prefers to keep that information
secret, and and ask the poster to please delete the message and post a
retraction.

If that doesn't work, *then* talk to Todd. Going to him first puts him in a
non-fun situation, and it can make the original poster (who isn't
intentionally being bad, but rather just being excited about Lego's
products) feel censored.

Of course, if that doesn't work, there are stricter options available. But
why start with them?

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/