 Administrative / General / 7348
  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

(...) Prolly. But removing the whole thing is "less" control than excising words but leaving the rest. Or so I seem to recall Prodigy's lawyer telling me about 15 years ago when I first started looking into this topic. And "less" control, especially (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

(...) Hmmm...that's alarming...that shouldn't be happening. Are you SURE? What's the URL of a thread display, for example, that's not threading properly? I ask because of the way lugnet newsgroup canceling works -- when an article is canceled, it (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Pruning not good for the trees

(...) No. I think it was user error! I went back to try to reproduce it and saw that the "linear all" was purple. Meaning I clicked on linear all when I thought I was getting "nested all" view instead. So never mind. However, consider putting (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.admin.general)