 Administrative / General / 7086
Re: LUGNET T-Shirts are in!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:08:58 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
I think it would help if the sizes were given in inches / cm's to. The
S/M/X/XL system varies so much within the UK, and I assume will do to a
greater extent internationally. Further is a UK XL person the same as a XL
type in the US?  Also, I assume the S/M/X/XL refers to a male build?
Scott A

Hmm -- tough (and great) questions!  Well, hmm, the XL size says

   Adult XL (46/48)/XG/TG

on the label if that helps...  Alternatively, measuring an XL flat gives a
width of 25 in. (~63.5 cm.) and a height (measuring from the tippy top of
the neck point to the bottom) of just over 31 in. (~79 cm.)...  I don't think
that's any official way to measure T-Shirts but maybe it'll help.  If I can
get an accurate table for all sizes I'd like to note these measurements on the
webpage.  BTW, the circumference at the bottom of an XL is about 50 in. or
about 127 cm.  The circumference at the point just below the armpits is about
48 in. or about 122 cm.  Perhaps the number 48 in the "46/48" above means the
circumference in inches when measured around the chest...that would stand to
reason at least!

Hanes(R) has a bit more info at their sales website...

   http://commerce.hanes2u.com/catalog/hcatalog/adbeefy.html

...which seems to indicate that the size scale is a chest measurement.  It's
nice to see that Beefy-T(R) shirts do come in XXL and XXXL -- perhaps if
CafePress.com doesn't offer these sizes soon, perhaps they might agree to
send the printed transfer sheet only (sans shirt) and let a buyer iron/press
it on himself/herself.

--Todd