 Administrative / General / 6597
6596  |  6598
Subject:
Apology for my email by Kieran Brady
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 06:49:02 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kieran Brady writes:
Hi there!
I have access to a LARGE quantity of small space sets here in Ireland at
greatly reduced prices.

The sets are:
                     6453, ComLink Cruiser            @IR£2.50
                     6458, Satellite with Astronaut     @IR£2.00
                     6463, Lunar Rover                   @IR£2.00
All are MISB, with absolutely no damage whatsoever.
The prices above are in Irish Punts, 1 Punt approx. equals $1.16.
The sets are available in any quantity, any mix - but please remember • that
shipping is extra (@cost) and the more you buy, the cheaper per unit on
shipping.

-Kieran Brady

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message news:FuEMnI.FHp@lugnet.com...
I just can't believe it.  Just after this recent debacle, someone else • drops
this into my in-box, AS WELL AS posting it on LUGNET.  Again, from a • LUGNET
regular.

I will refrain from spewing insulting judgements towards this guy's morals • and
intelligence, but this is quickly getting tiresome.  This is not • acceptable; I
will just have get more aggressive.

Todd, what policies are you considering?

Cheers,
- jsproat

To all who received my email, I sincerely apologise for sending you email
directly about the
space sets.
I have received a considerable amount of what I term 'aggressive' replies -
OK, I can understand it , maybe I deserved it,
but I HONESTLY did not realise I was going to offend in the way that I did.
As I have had a computer problem (trashed disk) recently and am still only
trying to catch up on the newsgroups I have missed out on, I had
not read any recent 'debacle' and therefore was not aware of this.

The ONLY motivation for my email was genuinely to pass on the good
luck I had in sourcing some cheaper sets.
I am not a retailer, I am not out to make a quick buck, I just
wanted to help....
God knows, most of us spend more than we should on Lego :-) - if  there's
anything going a bit cheaper than normal, I myself am usually 'up for it',
and I welcome any solicitations through newsgroups or
direct email that concerns good deals on Lego sets that otherwise I might
never have access to buying.
If I don't want to buy, I just trash it (the email)(but keep the sender's
address - who knows what he/she might find for us next month?)

But that's me, I realise we are all different, even on Lugnet, and so  I
should have thought this out before mailing those that I did.
I have offended more than yourself and will apologise to each
individual concerned.
And I also want to make a public apology here to any and all concerned....

I'm sorry, please accept this statement and let me 're-join' the community
in peace and friendship and let us get on with what we all enjoy - using
Lego!

Humbly,
-Kieran Brady