 Administrative / General / 6564
6563  |  6565
Subject:
spotlight oddities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 23:17:11 GMT

From the results I'm seeing when I visit
<http://www.lugnet.com/?p=spotlight>, Todd seems to have replaced the
old manual Spotlight with one of the experimental automated ones.

1.  This message from September 1998
<http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=10> apparently had enough votes to
make it into the Spotlight for Thursday, May 4.

2.  When I checked the Spotlight last Friday (May 5), there were no
new members for Wednesday through Friday.  Not only that, there were
no Spotlight entries for those days.  When I checked again 15 minutes
ago, there were entries for those days, but no new members.  I
checked again, after receiving my membership activation email, and
now there are new members for Wednesday, Saturday, and today.  Todd's
rewriting history!  ;-)

3.  The biggest clue is that the manual synopses in the left half of
the Spotlight page stopped after Tuesday.

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX