 Administrative / General / 6566
Re: spotlight oddities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 23:35:56 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Susan Hoover writes:
From the results I'm seeing when I visit
<http://www.lugnet.com/?p=spotlight>, Todd seems to have replaced the
old manual Spotlight with one of the experimental automated ones.

No, not quite.  What I did today was manually inserted ones which were
automatically chosen.  (The Spotlight pages are still manually updated.)
For more background, see:  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=6486

1.  This message from September 1998
<http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=10> apparently had enough votes to
make it into the Spotlight for Thursday, May 4.

2.  When I checked the Spotlight last Friday (May 5), there were no
new members for Wednesday through Friday.  Not only that, there were
no Spotlight entries for those days.  When I checked again 15 minutes
ago, there were entries for those days, but no new members.  I
checked again, after receiving my membership activation email, and
now there are new members for Wednesday, Saturday, and today.  Todd's
rewriting history!  ;-)

Ya, the last 6 or so members were activated at various points during the
past few days but not yet recorded into the Spotlight for the respective
days they were activated on.  Did that as a second pass.

3.  The biggest clue is that the manual synopses in the left half of
the Spotlight page stopped after Tuesday.

Oh, it went *so* much faster(!) and it even saves on screen space.

--Todd