 Administrative / General / 6490
Re: Pre-announcement: member pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 04:50:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Markus Wolf writes:
2)  There is no place to respond to these reviews...

I believe Joseph has posted each of these to lugnet.reviews in the past before
converting them to this format, so one thing you could do is just search the
reviews group and reply that way, for example:

   http://www.lugnet.com/reviews/?q=4980

Another possibility is making a thingy on the webserver where you could reply
to any FTX (that's the name of the page format) page as a news message.  Since
it's based on regular text,

   http://www.lugnet.com/reviews/?p=4980-jg.ftx

it wouldn't be tough to make something that took that text and placed "> "
at the front of every line and fed that to a news-posting form with something
at the top such as:

On the webpage <http://www.lugnet.com/reviews/?p=4980-jg>, Joseph Gonzalez
wrote:
4980 Tunnel Transport
=====================

{Reviewed by <mailto:hsadm2.jgonzale@email.state.ut.us Joseph Gonzalez>,
9/25/1999}

~ </pause/search/?query=4980-1
   </img/set/200/pause/new/upload/4980-1-945583380.jpg>>
~ [Rating:] *** (3/8)¬
  [Thumbs up for:] A nice, new design for a Lego aircraft.¬
  [Thumbs down on:] Too high a price for a set this size.¬
  [Wallet-Wise:] $50.00 (approx. U.S. retail) for 349 pieces.

Mood Music

{Telestia is a dang good pilot (and she knows it) but signing on with
Manwaring Underground Developers didn't entail anything like this.  The
Mammoth craft's finer points never included high marks for maneuverability,

etc., etc. and you could just cut out the parts you didn't want to reply to.

That'd be kind of a hack, but it would work fine.

--Todd