 Administrative / General / 6104
Re: Improper threading (was: Re: the latest news)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 04:36:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kevin Salm writes:
WOW!!  I just discovered something even more screwy about all of this.
As we know, Ben's posts show as new threads via HTTP.
BUT, I just checked via NNTP and the threading seems to be okay.  And I
checked in more than one newsgroup to be sure.  If I am looking at things
properly, Ben's posts do seem to be following the thread correctly in my
primary newsreader (MSOE  v. 4.72) and my alternate newsreader (Gravity v
2.20 b 1700).  Kinda funky.....

IIRC, Gravity has a option/setting to thread by subject -- a crude, but
somewhat workaround.

That's probably what you're seeing.  Ben's messages are actually missing the
References/In-Reply-To header entirely.

--Todd