 Administrative / General / 598
  Problem with Web LUGNET

It's not a big problem but with the local newsgroups page the bookmarks don't work but instead go straight back to the Main News Introduction Page Carbon 60 (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) What bookmarks would those be? Can you describe the problem in more detail? 1. What are some sample URLs exhibiting the problem? 2. What web browser are you using? 3. What OS are you running? 4. Did this just start happening or has this always (...) (26 years ago, 7-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) don't (...) I noticed this too. 1. All of the "hot text" which makes up paragraph 2 of the local newsgroups, group page. 2. Netscape 4.07 3. win '98 4. noticed it a couple of days ago, origninaly worked as intended (click on country and drop (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) Aha! -- I see now. Thanks. OK, whew, I thought this might be a browser bug with it not handling <BASE HREF=...> correctly. Fortunately, it's my own boneheaded mistake and therefore easily fixable. About 5 days ago I realized that the HTML on (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) I am quite sure it does work. The base URL should be stripped to the last separator ("/"), and the relative URL's in the document should be appended to the stripped version of the base URL. Your example should be processed as <A Href="(URL) (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Problem with Web LUGNET

(...) :) yes, I discovered that that "works." But that's not what I wanted to happen. What I meant by "that doesn't work" is that I got (URL) a URL when what I wanted was (URL) other words, I wasn't expecting the base URL to be stripped back to the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.admin.general)