 Administrative / General / 5931
Re: No Comment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:00:18 GMT

(BTW I am still seeing the purple
link bug, still trying to come up with a reproducible scenario... it SEEMS • to
be on groups I read a lot when a single new post appears, it shows as read)

AHhhaa -- I know what that is then -- I think.  Have you been "walking off the
end" of any newsgroups with the backward/forward links in the light blue band
at the top?  If so, that would cause your browser to already have seen that
URL.  Which means that showing a go-forward link when there isn't an article
there is extra squiffy.

Bingo. I walk off the end all the time. And you are right. It's WAD, because I
in fact HAVE seen that URL, it just didn't happen to contain anything useful
underneath yet because it hadn't yet been posted.

So can you tell when I am about to fall off the end somehow? You had said no
before.

++Lar