 Administrative / General / 5892
  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) If you're talking about... (URL) can only speak for myself (not the other 40-value that's there, and I hope whoever it is feels no pressure to speak up) but IIRC, I gave it a 40 because I was quite confident that the trains would turn out to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Here's my thinking, no one should feel pressure. But... feedback works better if one knows why. Normally I don't ask. But when I do, it's because I'm genuinely curious and want to improve. (no one OWES a post good feedback because of who the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Article ratings aren't supposed to be feedback. The ratings are supposed to describe to readers approximately how helpful or useful or interesting or fun an article might be to them -- giving them some sense of what to expect. (...) What's (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) Is there a chance of hiding the ratings/scores once the tables are up? By showing the scores next to the articles, web-interface users can't help noticing responses, and then wondering why they are the way they are. I'll repeat the old (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New 9V Digital Trains for Germany this Autumn

(...) If that's true, then maybe the default vote from the system should be 0 rather than 50. --Todd (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.admin.general)