 Administrative / General / 5641
Re: new posts send via e-mail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 04:37:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

<ST>***** Todd! I'm an ARTist, not a programmer!</ST>  :-]

Is this (1) OK on Lugnet?

I'm sorry, you're right. I'll try to be more careful.

Not meaning to rub in some salt or anything, just a note:

I, not being your avid star trek fan, didn't understand the quote nor the
reference... (ST didn't tell me anything ;-)... I only read your post AFTER
Larry's reply so I could get it, but otherwise wouldn't have realized you were
quoting and not just being, well, rude.

I just meant to point out that references might be obvious to the writer but
not to the reader...(1) the readers can't read our minds and they could be
offended by such things.

-Shiri

(1) An Israeli idiom comin' right at ya:
"Le'ma hitkaven Ha-meshorer?"... IWO, "what did the author mean?".... often
refers to people having to interpret ambigious poems, and not getting at the
author's bottom line :-)