 Administrative / General / 5526
Re: errr... 403 Forbidden?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 05:23:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:
Todd?  Is it on purpose that when I try to do
get('http://www.lugnet.com');
I get forbidden?  Am I being blocked? ;)  [...]

Not sure without more details.  Can you run it again and note the exact time,
and I'll have a look in the logs.  Most likely, your browser or script is
identifying itself as one of the user agents that gets blocked (mostly
nefarious crawlers or other user agents that have ignored robots.txt).  Also,
when did you first see this, and are you using a different user agent than
when before you saw it?

--Todd