 Administrative / General / 548
    Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail —Todd Lehman
   (...) What if messages coming in from alternate e-mail gateways (addresses other than lugnet.groupname@lugnet.com -- i.e. mailing lists) had their headers modified slightly before posting, so that the 'From' line was set to the address of the (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail —Todd Lehman
   (...) Ok, I think there's only one hitch here with this -- My mail->news converter code bounces messages back to their author when it can't post an article -- except if the message came through a non- lugnet.groupname@lugnet.com gateway (i.e., a (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail —Steve Bliss
     (...) Do silent bouncing, particularly in the case of bouncing for attachments/binary content. If it made it through the list, they can either police themselves (ie, flame their own members) or that type of content is allowable on that list. (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: lugnet.* discussion groups by mail —Matthew Miller
   (...) I think that might be ok. Because the person sending the message to the e-mail list might not necessarily even care about whether LUGnet accepted the message. Just like if a list-recipient's mailbox were full or otherwise not accepting mail -- (...) (26 years ago, 27-Oct-98, to lugnet.admin.general)