 Administrative / General / 5422
  Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying

(...) No, you just needed to get a clue that not everyone likes MS practices w.r.t. marketing and software development and some people are clever enough to do something about it that may well threaten MS's stranglehold. What's the old saying? "Dos (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying

(...) although (...) I don't understand how your comment relates to what I said above. Please don't insult me saying that I don't have a clue. I'm not a mindless Microsoft drone. (...) This seems to support what I talked about in an earlier post (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying

(...) PMFJI, but most of the complaints lodged against MSIE (in this thread) have been about the *engine*, not the GUI wrapper. The issues discussed have been how IE interprets various HTML constructs, and how it renders them onto the display. (...) (24 years ago, 23-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying

(...) I'm having trouble parsing the above paragraph taken as a whole in light of reality unless you're being deliberately mouthpieceish/obtuse. Here are a few tidbits. MS has a track record of doing things to screw other companies over. It goes (...) (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying

(...) Whoops. c /rendering engine/UI/ as we DO care about the rendering engine. also c/underneat/underneath/ would that what was underneath were neat. ++Lar (24 years ago, 25-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)