 Administrative / General / 5460
Re: Why MS hubris can be a bit annoying
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:54:14 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Asher Kobin writes:

One browser indeed. The world needs more than one browser. They all
should render the same but the way they look at everything else can and
should be the same.

This seems to support what I talked about in an earlier post about Microsoft
making the rederning engine part of the operating system.  Any developer can
create their own user interface.  Please take a look at NeoPlanet
(http://www.neoplanet.com/).  If you like IE but don't like the Micorosoft-
feel of it, try NeoPlanet.

PMFJI, but most of the complaints lodged against MSIE (in this thread) have
been about the *engine*, not the GUI wrapper.  The issues discussed have been
how IE interprets various HTML constructs, and how it renders them onto the
display.

Nobody gives a rip about the wrapper.

Steve