 Administrative / General / 5383
  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Probably the same thing that would happen if MSIE had a 100% market share. (In lugnet.admin.general 5378, Asher Kobin wrote: (...) ) eric (24 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) But that's a good thing :) The great thing about IE is that it can be repurposed. Anyone can slap on their own UI (AOL, webTV, NeoPlanet) and decide what features to implement or not to implemnt. If you understand COM and how IE is (...) (24 years ago, 20-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) And of course the MS track record at making things faster or less buggy is SO good. Sorry for the sarcasm, I like MS, and I'm a stockholder but I still find your statement laughable. (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

(...) Umm, huh? I thought you were implying that competition was good because it inspired better growth. Is what you really mean to say "We should be allowed to compete with other browsers, but once we're winning, the other guys should just give in (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer

My only point was that if every web browser did only and exactly what the RFC said, there would be no innovation. Even if MS had 100% of the market, we would still go above and beyond the spec. If they had 100% and they only lived by the spec, a new (...) (24 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)