 Administrative / General / 5376
Re: Why MSIE sucks for the HTML writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 19:46:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Asher Kobin writes:
Day in and day out, I am amazed at what IE5 can do.  The extensibility is
simply supurb.  The rendering speed simply kicks Nav's ass (from perf stats).
Of course I'm baised.  I haven't used Nav for years (seriously).  Ideally (for
web developers and end-users), the world would use only one browser.  I would
like to see that browser be IE.

for the love of god, please no!  Ideally there would be 10s of browsers
available, but they would all render the same pages in the same way.  I have
never used IE, and have no plans to - especially since there's no version for
my OS of choice.  I'm weening myself off netscape, since I am disappointed at
it's performance and stability :/

PPS:  Keep an eye out for IE5.5.  One really cool feature is IFRAME
transparency!

What's that?  is it part of a standard, or is it the notorious Embrace and
Extend?

Dan

BTW, doesn't this belong in o-t.debate, or o-t.geek?