 Administrative / General / 5362
5361  |  5363
Subject:
Traffic Page Squiff?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 01:40:56 GMT

Sometimes (periodically as I use the traffic page a lot), it will stop loading,
incomplete, with a 'Document done'. I kinda suspected that what was happening
was that your script was doing the every 5 min update while I was loading it..
but it happens so infrequently that I didn't think it was a big deal, and by
the time I had thought about it more, it was too late. But this time I saved
the truncated HTML, and then reloaded a few seconds later, and saved that too.
Then I forgot about it for 5 days - d'oh!

<http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/traffic.html>
<http://lightning.prohosting.com/~spontif/temp/traffic2.html>

If you want to look up the logs.. then windows has them both timed as March 15
18:14 (GMT).

I diffed the files and they are different - ie the first one isn't just a
truncated version of the second. Which suggests to me that it is your traffic
script not asking for an exclusive lock or something?

Richard