 Administrative / General / 5211
Re: Cleaning up the main homepage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 22:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Steve Bliss writes:
p.s.  http://www.lugnet.com/news/filter  to set the string.

Hmm.  Didn't take.  Guess it's a member-only thing.  I should go fill
out that monster form.  Someday.

Hmm, no, it's not a member-only thing.  All it does is sets a cookie.
Perchance have you disabled cookies in your browser?

When I try to put through a filter of:

+lugnet

nothing takes -- the updated filter page shows that my current settings
are the default settings:

-.off-topic -.admin

But when I put in:

-.xxx +lugnet

the filter is set correctly.  Is there something requiring an exclusion
to be sent first?  Nope, if I do:

+.xxx +lugnet

the filter updates correctly.  So I put in:

-lugnet

and the filter took it.  But when I go back to:

+lugnet

the filter goes back to default:

-.off-topic -.admin

Weird.