 Administrative / General / 5112
Re: Encouraging Participation (Was: Re: Cleaning up the main homepage)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:45:04 GMT

So Todd, Scott and others, just by mentioning that the views of all • people
who care count, caused me to participate in these discussions. So there, • I
hope you're happy about it ;-)

I am :) Also for the reason that you've convinced me that a good way to
encourage more participation is by making it clear that all opinions are
welcome. I've come up with this prototype:
<http://www.lugnet.com/playground/?p=richard-test2>

The design needs reworking - but hopefully the concept is a bit more • clearer
than in <http://www.lugnet.com/people/?n=390>. The other benefit of this • is
that it promtes visible feedback - which after all is (IMO) the best way • to
encourage people to participate.

Thanks for this effort. It looks good. I think it is all too easy for issues
to be lost in large threads. This sort of page would help this not to be the
case.

Scott A