 Administrative / General / 5001
Re: Does a framwork exist for the subscibers to a group to change its charter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 21:27:09 GMT

Just as a note here, this phrasing strikes me as pejorative.

Todd Lehman wrote:

Allowing auction spam outside of .market.auction, for example, goes • against
site principles, so that part is not up for discussion.  However, if some
system of logical sub-groups could be devised in which auction spam could
live both in .market.auction and in these special subgroups, that would • not
go against site principles.  This is no small challenge, however.

Calling it spam instead of "announcements and/or updates" is shorter,
but it also prejudges. It's your site and your judgement but I did want
to point it out.

Yah, agreed -- a better word is needed.  Suggestions?  "Flog" is good but
probably not as well understood(?).

--Todd
"Offers," or "offerings" or both maybe, "lugnet.technic.offers/offerings"
Just a suggestion.
Rich
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****