 Administrative / General / 4881
4880  |  4882
Subject:
Does a framwork exist for the subscibers to a group to change its charter?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 10:19:31 GMT

Does a framework exist for the subscribers to a group to change its charter?
If it does not, should it?

Scott A

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
Reminder:  lugnet.market.auction is the only lugnet newsgroup in which
auction announcements or updates are appropriate.  Please do not spam
the theme-discussion groups with auction announcements.  Thanks.

http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/

--Todd

DISCUSSION GROUP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
   LUGNET includes discussion groups which allow feedback and
   interaction between users.  LUGNET and its owners and/or operators
   do not control or censor messages, information, or files delivered
   to discussion groups.  It is a condition of your use of the
   discussion groups that you do not:
<snipped 1 to 10>

   11. Post auction announcements, updates, or listings in discussion
       groups which do not explicitly welcome their presence.

Well as one of the very few peole on LUGNet who both read and post to • this
group I have no problem with Yossi's post. Indeed, I explicitly welcome • its
presence. Furthermore, I'd argue that this post would be more welcome in
.duplo than .auction, where most of the readership is in search of Lego
System/Technic. Additionally, I think the same argument exists the clone
groups.

All right, Scott...point taken.

You've made it clear to me that #11 needs a clarification.  I'll fix the
Terms document and post a brief message about the text change.

It was never the intention -- even in the remotest sense -- for "groups • which
do not explicitly welcome" to be misinterpreted as "groups of people which • do
not explicitly welcome."  The word "group" there means "discussion group,"
not "people group."

--Todd