 Administrative / General / 4811
Re: Please, just end the entire thing! ( was: Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 00:03:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ben Roller writes:
I am strongly against people deleting messages when it turns out that they
were wrong.  Just because you don't believe it anymore is no reason to
pretend that you never said it.  The follow up messages are enough, at least
for me, to show that you have changed your mind.

Especially in this case.  In the future when someone does this (they will),
you could point them to where you used to think it and show how you too came
around to realizing that it was Ok to talk non-Lego in an off-topic group.

I don't want to make judgment calls like that.  If Erin wants her post
cancelled, and she asks specifically for it to be cancelled (by group name
and article number, or by Message-ID), then I'll cancel it.  Maybe she makes
a good decision, maybe she makes a bad decision.  Not for me to question that
decision.  I'm just being a drone when it comes to cancelling.

--Todd