 Administrative / General / 4771
    Re: do we need lugnet.org.castle-world? —Todd Lehman
   (...) As far as I'm aware, it's impossible to move a body of existing NNTP messages from one newsgroup to another group without completely destroying the normal functioning of the original group. --Todd (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: do we need lugnet.org.castle-world? —Frank Filz
   (...) My thought was that if a while down the road, the name of Castle World was changed, and it became a problem with the newsgroup, it might not hurt to change the name of the newsgroup. Would it be possible to edit (automatically of course) all (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: do we need lugnet.org.castle-world? —Todd Lehman
   (...) Oops (rereading what I wrote), I didn't mean to imply that a plain .castle.org group (with no .castleworld suffix) was a no-go because of that -- I was just answering the part about the feasability of moving messages. (...) Ya, that would (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)