 Administrative / General / 4760
Re: Suggestion for new feature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:25:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ben Roller writes:
[...]
Somewhere in there I'd like to see a link (an icon?) that would take you to
the original message in the thread, [...]

The original prototype for the new (May, 1999) interface did have a similar
sort of feature via another symbol...  Whereas the regular article is clicked
up using a white and blue dot, this was a white and blue series of parallel
lines...
    ______    ______
   |  __  |  | ____ |
   | |  | |  | ____ |
   | |__| |  | ____ |

What it did was pulled up the thread view for a message -- showing a whole
bunch at once -- but that was before the intended thread view, when there was
only a linear view.

I don't recall (other than that it was a tiny bit conusing) why it was taken
out -- but it didn't make the final cut for some reason.

What you're talking about is something different, right? -- you're looking
for something that pops up a single article? -- the root node article of a
thread?  A one-step clickie path instead of a two-step clickie path?

--Todd