 Administrative / General / 4759
4758  |  4760
Subject:
Suggestion for new feature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:20:12 GMT

This is intended for you Todd, but I'm posting to see if other feel the same.

Don't you hate it when you come to Lugnet and see a summary like "Re: This is
the greatest day ever! (was: Free bricks for everyone!)" but you have no idea
what the thread is about.  It's hard to understand what's happening when you
come in on the middle of the conversation.  Typically, you first click the link
to the message, then you click the link up to the first message in the thread
to see how it all got started.

What I'd like to see is an additional link in the summaries that takes you back
to the first message in the thread in one step.  Something like this[1] (taken
from the current front page):

* Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge              James Powell
   success!)
[...] I'd be willing to do the mechanical changes. My suggestion would
be to get some Indium based solder rather than even 60-40. I use some made
by Carrs in the UK, and have no problems with it...the flux is hydrofloric acid
though...so [...](6 minutes ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us,
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.trains)

Somewhere in there I'd like to see a link (an icon?) that would take you to the
original message in the thread, which in this case is the message from Jeff
Stembel (http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/wamalug/?n=56).

Is this a common annoyance (especially with web-only users) or is it just
me?

Just something to put on the list,
Ben Roller

1. That's message http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=15810 BTW.