 Administrative / General / 4708
    web posting —Dan Boger
   Well, since I've been posting through the web interface lately a lot (silly broken eudora), I had some thoughts on changes to it. How about, since lugnet already gives me a cookie (to keep me logged in), storing in it my "name" "email" and "org" so (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: web posting —Dan Boger
      (...) every (...) oh - and also remember our id for the "subscribe as mailing list" - I'm already logged in, it shouldn't ask me to ID myself again.... having to look up the confermation code each time is annoying... no? Sorry for the spam, :) Dan (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: web posting —Todd Lehman
     (...) Some people have news-by-mail settings for multiple e-mail addresses, and they want to maintain those from a single machine (or multiple machines). So that's why it asks you to reconfirm the address at the entry page (URL) each time -- because (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

         Re: web posting —Dan Boger
     (...) ok, that does make it a bit more complex - but still, you could just have a pulldown menu so you could choose the "personality" you're posting under. Or just add another option to the user configuration page. :) Dan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.admin.general)

        Re: web posting —Richard Franks
   (...) This is something I'd love to see :) You can get a new cookie sent to your browser by filling out your details again in the setup page, which means that you don't have to enter your name, email etc every time that you want to post. But (...) (24 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general)